because the world needs more lime green.

3.24.2005

A hole in the water

"Having a boat is akin to having a hole in the water into which you pour money"

Apparently it's a fairly common adage, but I hadn't heard it before. And the newsanchor just used it to introduce a clip about one of the BC ferries that was undergoing renovations and is now back in service.

"If I took a cephalopod and unwound it, it would look like this."

Looking back on it I don't really know why, but when my historical geology prof said that this afternoon, I totally cracked up.

Cephalopods are a class of mollusk, and its most well-known members are actually octopus and squid. But some also have hard shells, and that's what we were talking about.

Maybe I thought it was funny because I could actually picture this guy trying to unwind a hard shell and expecting it not to break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home